Welcome Back to our Spring Clearing series.
Now that you’ve got yourself mentally prepared for what’s ahead, let’s talk tools. Your work is only as effective as the tools you have so let’s set ourselves up for success.
Cleaning tools are essential to this process. You probably have most of these items already and if not, I’ve included links for your convenience.
I recommend the following cleaning tools:
- Swiffer Mop
- Swiffer Dry Mop Cloths
- Swiffer Wet Mop Cloths
- Bona Mop (for hardwood or laminate floors)
- Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Handheld Vacuum (optional)
- Cleaning Cloths (microfiber or whatever you have); paper towels work too but not as earth friendly
- Cleaning Gloves (this set is perfect – different colors for different jobs, i.e. kitchen, bath, etc.)
- Scrubbing Sponges // Walnut Sponges
- Spray Bottles
- Toothbrushes (use an old one and replace your real toothbrush with a new one)
A new service I’ve recently subscribed to is the Grove Collaborative. They sell all natural cleaning products for your home which is cool because I’m trying out products I wouldn’t otherwise unless someone recommended it to me. You can schedule your custom deliveries monthly right to your door (how convenient!) or whenever you need supplies. Go check it out. It’s also a bonus they’re based out of San Francisco…go Bay Area!
I’ve also curated the following natural cleaning recipes that you can easily and very inexpensively create yourself along with a store bought option of the same. Choose whatever works for you. I use a combination. I hate being wasteful so I’ll finish using what I have in inventory then switch over to the natural recipes if I find that they work well enough…we’ll find out during this spring cleaning season.
Get those cleaning kits ready because we’ll be kicking off the festivities next week. Enjoy your weekend!